Storyboard
As I was creating my storyboard, I had a difficult time managing to put my ideas on to paper. In James M. Higgins article, "storyboard your way to success," he goes over the importance of creativity and communication, and unfortunately, I believe that my lack of artistic ability made it difficult for me to communicate my ideas, especially those regarding images. Despite this difficulty, it was beneficial for me to have a way to put my ideas down on something concrete, as this showed me where many of my flaws were, and it allowed to correct what I could see. This also proved to be enjoyable at times since I found it a little fun to deal with these challenges, as I had to force my brain to change my initial vision. It is like what Annermaree O'Brien describes in the article, "Filmmaking across the curriculum: a beginner's guide." In it, the importance of critical thinking skills and problem solving is emphasized, and I feel that even if the outcome was not perfect, I enjoyed the process I went through to create my storyboard. Overall, this exercise showed me just how difficult it is to put your vision onto paper, and I believed that I learned a lot about that process from this. Though my time working on my storyboard did not go exactly as I hoped, I have created something that I believe is acceptable, even if on paper it does not look quite like I intended.




Comments
Post a Comment